Sunday, September 13, 2009

9 Steps to GOoD Prayer (I know its long but its well worth the read)



1. Forgive everyone for everything regardless of the situation. (John 20:23--23If you forgive anyone his sins, they [your sins] are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they [your sins] are not forgiven.) This step is to make sure your sins are forgiven. According to Matthew 16:19.

2. In Jesus name ask for forgiveness according to (1 John 1:9 amplified 9If we [freely] admit that we have sinned and confess our sins, He is faithful and just (true to His own nature and promises) and will forgive our sins [dismiss our lawlessness] and [continuously] cleanse us from all unrighteousness [everything not in conformity to His will in purpose, thought, and action].) and (Colossians 1:13a-14 NIV 13For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, 14in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.) This step is used so that you may have a clean slate with GOD according to Isaiah 43:25-26.

3. Be specific about what you want, and find the scriptures in The Bible that cover the areas of the request of your prayers (an example will be given after 7.) so you may be able to stand firm on GOD’S word and have complete confidence that your prayers will be granted.

(before you pray ask yourself if the things you want are selfish, greedy, or wrong…if you cant find an area in The Bible that cover your prayer requests they are probably one of the 3. Also ask yourself if you are asking GOD for something to help you sin better…ie do you want more money or a better body so that it will be easier for you to pick up chicks. If you really want your prayer to be granted find someone who is going through the same thing and pray for them, and if you are asking for GOD’S help to get out of debt or for a job, or prosperity don’t simply ask for blessings, prosperity, money, or a job, ask GOD for HIS wisdom especially in making decisions in those aspects so you will never be without a job or in debt/need again.)

4. After you have specifically wrote down what you want, and found the scriptures (GOD’S Promises) that cover your request, write your prayer out. Then Pray, ask GOD for what you want, and believe with your whole heart that you will get it. (Mark 11:24 Amplified 24For this reason I am telling you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe (trust and be confident) that it is granted to you, and you will [get it]. You should neither pray this prayer again nor ask again for these same things (to do so is to show a lack of confidence or disbelief in your prayer).

5. Be positive in your thinking…(Ephesians 4:27 Amplified…27Leave no [such] room or foothold for the devil [give no opportunity to him].) The devil does not want anyone to prosper with GOD in Jesus name, because he is afraid that that person will begin to testify to others and he will lose clientele. Take Matthew 14:28-31 for example After asking GOD, through Jesus, to walk on the water Peter’s request was granted (because he believed) then the devil drew Peter’s attention to the wind (Peter took his attention off of GOD) and he became afraid and began to sink. Do not let the devil (your unbelief, any anxieties, thoughts of doubt, worries or any other negative thoughts that may occur to distract you tempt you to think that your prayer request may not being granted ,stay in your mind). When the thoughts occur pull out the scriptures that you founded your prayer on and say them aloud, then thank GOD for granting them (it wouldn’t hurt to add in Philippians 4:7 NIV…7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus for more support).

6. Meditate on GOD’S Promises. Meditate on the scripture you used to found your prayer. Say them aloud, listen to them (record them if you have to) write them down, analyze them, and apply them to your daily life. Your objective should be to have them so embedded in your heart that when the devil comes to attack you, not only will you not have to search for them but it will be a nature reflex to think about them, and say them thus defeating the attack. If you can not see yourself with the things you asked GOD for either your request were not in GOD’S will or you have let the word of GOD (the scripture your prayer request were founded on) depart from your eyes.

7. Make statements of faith…keep asking (Giving GOD thanks after you have already asked once) seeking (meditating on GOD’S word on the matter) and knocking (using GOD’S word to defeat the devils attacks)
Step 1 remind GOD what you asked for and what His word said about it. Step 2 Tell GOD (if it is in HIS will) what you expect to come to pass then continuously give Him Thanks for granting your prayer request.

Example of prayer.

If I were praying for prosperity I would also ask for the wisdom to use it right (with generosity, humility, kindness, and diligence). I would ask for everything in Jesus name. My confidence for the prayer would come mostly from James 1:16:23b(I tell you the truth, my Father will give you whatever you ask in my name). I would found my request for wisdom on (James 1: 5...5If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.) and Ephesians 1:3-8 Niv (look it up) I would found my request for prosperity on Philippians 4:19; Isaiah 30:18; and Deuteronomy 30:9 (look them up if you really want prosperity).
The next night after forgiving everyone for everything (holding no grudges, hatred, or ill will towards anyone) and confessing my sins and asking forgiveness, instead of praying for what I have already asked for again, I would put God in remembrance of what he said in Isaiah 43:25-26a, amplified…25I, even I, am He Who blots out and cancels your transgressions, for My own sake, and I will not remember your sins. 26Put Me in remembrance [remind Me of your merits]; let us plead and argue together. Then I remind him what I asked for letting him know that I have full confidence that he will grant my prayers in Jesus name, then I thank him for granting my prayers.
Then I remind GOD what he said in Isaiah 43:26b Set forth your case, that you may be justified (proved right). Then I set my case on the same scriptures that I originally used to ask for my request (it does not hurt to also use other scriptures that you may have found, in addition to the ones you used during your original prayer). Then I thank him again for coming to my aid, for being my Sheppard, and provider, and for granting my prayers in Jesus name.
Through out the day I randomly thank him for numerous things most have nothing to do with my prayer. When the devil attacks me I use the word to fight back. For instance when I fast every time I think about food or eating something I use Matt. 16:23, and Matt. 4:4 and say aloud Get behind me Satan! You are a stumbling block to me. Man does not live by bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of GOD.

8. Add a Partner…Matthew 18:19-20 (19Again I tell you, if two of you on earth agree (harmonize together, make a symphony together) about whatever [anything and everything] they may ask, it will come to pass and be done for them by My Father in heaven. 20For wherever two or three are gathered (drawn together as My followers) in (into) My name, there I AM in the midst of them). Find someone who is going through a similar circumstance or is willing to go through the proper steps of prayer with you and join up and pray together…I’m always here if u need me.

9. Finally try to stay clean…stay away from sinning and the people, places or things that would tempt you to do so. Your company and surroundings can either pull you up, stabilize you, or pull you down. If you are not close to where you want to be in life stay away from everything that does the latter of the 3.

Be GOoD blessed and careful out there…luv u…lata on.

No comments:

Post a Comment